Initial Skin To Skin and Early Breastfeeding Benefits
- Calms the mother and baby.
- Helps to stabilize baby’s heart beat and breathing patterns.
- Keeps the baby warm with the mother’s body heat.
- Promotes bonding and helps breastfeeding to get
- Allows baby to self attach to the breast.
- Enables colonization of baby’s guts with mother’s normal body bacteria.
- Assist metabolic adaptation and blood glucose stabilization in baby.
- Baby gets rich colostrum and ensures success of exclusive breastfeeding.